Dock & Marine Gangways
A marine gangway is a safe way to access barges and ships. These gangways are commonly made of aluminum because of the material's resistance to corrosion. Gangways for marine applications are commonly used by a ship’s crew or passengers to enter or exit a ship or to load cargo. Safe Harbor manufactures high-quality aluminum marine gangways, and dock gangways, and custom marine access systems for all marine applications.
At Safe Harbor, we are committed to providing you with the solution to your cargo loading and unloading challenges. A marine stage gangway is used by a crew and passengers when embarking and disembarking from ships.
Safe Harbor is the leading manufacturer of custom marine equipment, including aluminum truss gangways and straight truss gangways, for a wide range of applications. Truss gangways are used to facilitate loading and unloading of cargo from ships and offshore platforms.
Safe Harbor is the leading manufacturer of custom tracking gangways for dockside access to ships and barges. Track mounted gangways move along tracks on the dock and can be secured in place to provide safe transport between ship and dock.
- Aluminum gangway with self-leveling treads.
- Hot dipped galvanized platform and track with bar grating walk surface.
- Stainless steel control valve enclosure.
- Float mode (powered gangways only) allows for the gangway to move with the vessel as its freeboard changes during loading/unloading operations.
- Barge Access
- Naval Vessels
- Offshore Oil Platforms & Refineries
Customized To Your Specifications
Our telescopic gangways are retracting, two-stage gangways designed for easy extension and retraction. They are constructed to withstand heavy use and are available in a wide range of sizes and styles to handle the capacity and length you require for your application.
marine gangway power options
marine spring balance operation
- Limited to shorter gangway lengths only
- Up to 12 steps
- Up to 24 steps
- Available Voltage: 120/1/60 VAC OR 230/460/3/60 VAC
- Non - Classified ~ NEMA 4/3R
- NEMA 7 * 9 / CL 1, DIV 2, GRP C & D
- Up to 34 steps
other custom dock gangway options
- 24" Wide Standard | 30" Wide | 36" Wide
- Customization available upon request
- Manual (smaller units) | Powered
Tracking Lengths Available
- 10' ~ 22' In two foot increments
- Common Length: 20' Aluminum Gangway
Live Load Capacity
- 500 # | 750 # | 1,000 #
- Plated Steel | Stainless Steel
Typical Pivot Ranges
OSHA Standard Compliance
Aluminum gangways and aluminum marine ramps are fabricated to accommodate the movement of the ship and elevation changes resulting from tides and whether the ship is laden with cargo or empty. All of our aluminum marine gangways meet OSHA and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) standards and can be manufactured to meet industry standards if required.
Safe Harbor designs and manufactures custom marine gangways, ramps, bridges, ladders, and mounting options for all marine applications in the United States and Canada.
Marine accommodation ladders are used throughout ships and offshore platforms to provide access between decks.
Marine Ramps & Bridges
Safe Harbor, a leading manufacturer of custom marine equipment, offers custom ramps and bridges for commercial and industrial applications.
At Safe Harbor, we are committed to providing every customer with a solution that exceeds their expectations. From on-site evaluations of bulk loading areas for compliance with OSHA standards to recommendations for customized fall protection, Safe Harbor will be your solutions partner.