Truck & Rail Loading Arms
What is a Loading Arm?
A loading arm safely transfers any type of liquid or liquefied gas from one tank to another using a pipe system. These loading arms have swivel joints to efficiently transfer the liquid in an easy and safe manner. Safe Harbor provides engineered solutions that synchronize loading arms and fall protection requirements. This turnkey approach ensures a liquid transfer solution that is both productive and safe.
What are the Different Types of Loading Arms?
Safe Harbor provides unique loading arm solutions for a wide range of applications. The following are common types of loading arms:
Types of Loading Arms
Top Loading Arm
A top loading arm unloads liquid from a tank through the manhole on the top of the tank.
- Ideal when the liquids transferred are not toxic or harmful
Bottom Loading Arm
A bottom loading arm unloads the liquid from the bottom or rear side of the tank.
- Ideal for loading and unloading petroleum, chemicals, and liquified gas
Loading Arm Features:
- Key Top Loading Systems
- Swivel Joints
- Specialty Loading Systems
- Dry Break Couplers And Adapters
- Bottom Loading Systems
- Floating Suction Assemblies
Materials Offered for Loading Arms
Safe Harbor can provide truck and railcar loading arms in various materials, such as:
- Aluminum Loading Arms
- Stainless Steel Loading Arms
- Galvanized Steel Loading Arms
Industries that Use Loading Arms
Safe Harbor supplies loading arms to the following industries:
- Rail Loading Arm – liquid transfer for rail cars
- Trucking Loading Arm – liquid transfer for tanker trucks, isotainers, and dump trucks
- Marine Loading Arm – liquid transfer for ships
- Oil & Gas Loading Arm
- Food Processing Loading Arm
- Chemical Loading Arm
- Pharmaceutical Loading Arm
- Petrochemical Loading Arm
- Mining Loading Arm
What are the Common Applications for Loading Arms?
From simple loading arms to your most complicated special applications, Safe Harbor is the one to trust for a smooth and well-coordinated project. Safe Harbors top and bottom loading arms are capable of transferring the following liquids:
- Liquified Gas
- Petroleum Products
- And basically any liquid
Osha Certified Loading Arms
Safe Harbor provides high-quality and OSHA certified loading arms designed to handle any liquid application. Our certified loading arms will help keep your employees safe and your company up with OSHA regulations. If your industry requires a customized solution, contact us today.