Primarily used for railcar applications where vehicle height is fairly uniform. Our telescoping extension helps to close the gap for narrow railcars and trucks. All of our systems are custom made to fit your specific application.
Telescoping Gangway (TLS) Features & Benefits
- Working range of 15 degrees below horizontal and 15 degrees above horizontal
- Equipped with our standard 22" telescoping extension
- Self supporting with a 500lb. load capacity
- High performance and safety locking extension
- 1 1/4" SCH. 40 pipe provides added comfort and increased strength
- Oversized safety yellow top and midrails provide opertator comfort and high visibility
- Spring counter balance with chemical resistant cover
- Galvanized base tread provices added strength
- 4 bolt flange bearing at the main pivot point provides strength and ease of movement, ideal for high use applications
- Modular base tread allows for quick installaion helping to minimize downtime
- Open serrated walk surface helps to maximize footing and minimize water, product, and ice accumulation
Manual TLS Gangways:
Features & Functions Diagram
- Top Handrail: Use the top handrail to articulate the platform and for operator safety during operation.
- Pull Rope: Used to raise gangway to the stored position.
- Safety Chains: Used to support the gangway during operation and prevent unexpected release when the platform is in the stored position.
- Foot Lock Pedal: Used to release the platform from the stored position.
- Extension Handle: Used to extend, retract, and lock the platform extension.
- Extension: Use to extend the platform and close the gap between the gangway and vehicle.
- Safety Cage (optional): Used for additional personnel safety while on top of a vehicle.